For the past 15 years, Mighty Mouth Dental has been providing selected preschool centers with a bi-annual tooth brushing and oral health education program. From the 1st of January 2012, Counties Manukau District Health Board (DHB) has approved funding to train preschool center staff to implement a daily tooth brushing program to the "at risk" populations they serve. We are also funded to train health professionals about oral health and nutrition.
This DHB funded program of training and oral health education is targeted at "high risk" preschool populations in the Counties Manukau DHB region only. "High risk" criteria is defined as:
- High numbers of Maori and Pacific
- And/or children from low decile centers / families in high deprivation communities
The services offered under this contract include:
- General oral health education sessions
- Tooth brushing training program for preschool center staff
- Ongoing training, support, audit and evaluation of the program
The success of this program depends on the goodwill of the preschool centers that are willing to have their staff/carers trained by Mighty Mouth Dental in conducting an adult supervised daily tooth brushing program. Currently we have 150 preschool centres actively participating in this program.
For any queries regarding the program please contact:
Preschool Program Manger
Mighty Mouth Dental